StatCounter

Monday 14 February 2011

Another complaint to the BBC

This morning's BBC Radio 4 Today programme had an interesting interview by John Humphrys with the Israeli Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon. Afterwards the BBC's Middle East Editor Jeremy Bowen, made a rather incredible comment; I have complained...:
'Complaint type: BBC News
Location: England
What is your complaint about: Radio News
Programme title: Today Programme
Transmission date: 14/02/2011
Complaint category: Bias
Complaint summary: Jeremy Bowen showing bias
Full complaint: This morning after John Humphry's interview of Israel's Danny Ayalon, Jeremy Bowen commented "Of course you’re getting a partial view". Perhaps you could show me when and where Jeremy Bowen has ever said that comments made by a Palestinian spokesman were "partial". I cannot recall this ever happening so why did Jeremy Bowen feel the need to make that partiality comment today? That comment would seem to indicate a strong level of anti-Israel bias. How can we be sure that Jeremy Bowen really is an impartial reporter of Middle Eastern matters?
Receive a reply: Yes
Contacted us before: Yes
Complaint related to previous contact: No
Title: Mr
First name: NotaSheep
Surname: MaybeaGoat
Email address: notasheepmaybeagoat@gmail.com
Under 13: No '

I wonder if I will get a response and if so whether it will address my complaint; I think we all know the answers to those two questions.

2 comments:

Demon said...

Good luck with this Billy, although I doubt you will get a proper honest answer from the BBC as usual.

Grant said...

Best of luck ! I noticed this came up on B-BBC as well.
How on earth can the BBC even start to justify this one ?