StatCounter

Monday 4 July 2011

What is an anti-Semite?

Labour MP Jeremy Corbyn is reported to have said re Raed Salah:
"We checked him out and he denied completely that he was an anti-Semite so we thought it was appropriate to bring him over."
So a denial of anti-Semitism from Raed Salah is enough proof for Jeremy Corbyn. I need rather more than that as I have read Raed Salah's pronouncements; here's one from an article in The Telegraph, itself quoting a poem in a Hamas journal :
"You Jews are criminal bombers of mosques,

Slaughterers of pregnant women and babies.

Robbers and germs in all times,

The Creator sentenced you to be loser monkeys,

Victory belongs to Muslims, from the Nile to the Euphrates."
I am not a 'loser monkey', I am not a 'criminal bomber of mosques', I am not a 'robber' or a 'germ', I am not a 'slaughterer of pregnant women and babies'. Anyone who makes that claim about 'You Jews' is, in my view, guilty of anti-Semitism (would anyone care to disagree?). If Jeremy Corbyn can not see that then it seems that either he is a great deal more stupid than I actually think he is or he is allying himself with some very dangerous people in order to try and further his own political ends.

2 comments:

Davieboy said...

Very well said! Thank you.

Anonymous said...

How did you translate that quote? It was originally said in Arab, a special moonspeak even CNN can't decipher.