StatCounter

Monday 15 August 2011

The one hundred and forty first weekly "No shit, Sherlock" award

This week's award winner is the father of a 16 year-old girl, the daughter having just appeared in court charged with burglary during last week's riots. The girl is alleged to have looted a £500 iPad from a shop on Camden High Street. Her father, a documentary cameraman, is reported in the Sunday Telegraph as saying:
'This is the end product of a society that tells you that you cannot discipline your children.

"What do you do when you have a seven-year-old coming home saying 'you can't smack me or shout at me'? That's what they're being told in the schools."
Schools eroding discipline? "No shit, Sherlock"

1 comment:

ronnie b said...

what the cameraman says is an abdication of responsibility - bringing up children isn't about having the 'legal' right to hit or shout abuse or not. methinks he doth protest too much and displays some kind of inverted 'victim' culture. I couldn't hit my kids, so now see what they do - not my fault, in fact I am a victim of shame as a result blah blah blah.

I wonder, does 'supernanny' hit those kids on the naughty step (off camera of course!) We need to know. Sorry to dis this award on this occasion - agree with all in the past.