StatCounter

Wednesday 12 September 2018

Rachel Riley suffers abuse after speaking out about antisemitism within Labour

'Rachel Riley has received a barrage of abuse for discussing antisemitism online and responding by saying: "Sometimes I think it's important to speak up even so. If moderates don't, all that's left are the others."

The Countdown presenter, who has called herself a "non-religious Jew", said on Tuesday "spot the difference between Labour leaders" and compared side-by-side a message from London Mayor Sadiq Khan, wishing the Jewish community happy new year, and a headline showing that Jeremy Corbyn praised as his "very good friend" - someone who wrote pro-Palestine graffiti on the walls of the Warsaw ghetto and called for Israeli MPs to be assassinated.

Ms Riley subsequently tweeted a number of articles on antisemitism in the Labour party, which detailed examples from some of Mr Corbyn's most vocal supporters.

In response to an avalanche of tweets, she said: "Much as I appreciate being called Tory, brainwashed and thick, I don't have any party loyalties, I form my opinions based on available evidence.

"Religion wise, I choose Man United. Life wise I choose the options without intolerance, hatred and fear. #AntiSemitism"

She added: "My genuine worries are that antisemitism is spreading and being actively promoted among some in the hard-left due to JC's [Jeremy Corbyn's] words/actions/inactions. I hope I'm wrong but many replies I've had tonight suggest perhaps not."'

More at The JC 
https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/rachel-riley-speaks-out-about-antisemitism-within-labour but obviously not on the, antisemitic by at least one of the IHRA examples, BBC. 

No comments: