StatCounter

Sunday 13 September 2009

I am sorry, I was wrong, the Labour government have not forgotten WPC Yvonne Fletcher

My apologies, it seems that in my anger over the al-Megrahi release I may have inadvertently claimed that the Labour government had forgotten about WPC Yvonne Fletcher. I know this to be untrue.

The Times reports that:
"The Libyan killer of a British policewoman will never be brought to justice in Britain after a secret deal approved by Jack Straw.

The Foreign Office bowed to Libyan pressure and agreed that Britain would abandon any attempt to try the murderer of WPC Yvonne Fletcher, shot outside the Libyan embassy in London 25 years ago.

Anthony Layden, Britain’s former ambassador to Libya, said this weekend he had signed the agreement with the Libyan government three years ago, when Straw was foreign secretary. At the time Britain was negotiating trade deals worth hundreds of millions of pounds with Libya.

The deal followed a visit by Tony Blair, then prime minister, to meet Colonel Gadaffi in March 2004 after Libya announced that it was ending its nuclear weapons programme. "
I feel so much better now that I know that far from forgetting about a murdered British policewoman, the Labour government (represented by, the then Foreign Secretary, Jack Straw) agreed to drop demands for her killers to be named, coincidentally whilst a trade deal was being negotiated by the then Prime Minister Tony Blair.

Does anyone remember Labour's promis of an "ethical foreign policy"?

Can anyone seriously defend these Labour scum?

No comments: