StatCounter

Thursday 15 September 2011

Two BBC articles that struck me as interesting in juxtaposition

Two BBC articles struck me as interesting in juxtaposition: the first is this piece that reports that:
'US computer firm Apple has withdrawn a mobile phone application called Jewish or Not Jewish from its online store in France.'
The second is this piece that reports that:
'The UK has pulled out of a United Nations event marking the 10th anniversary of the World Conference on Racism in South Africa.'
Anti-Semitism, is it everywhere or are some people too sensitive? Re the Apple App I tend to side with the over-sensitive as I can see the 'app' having applicability in many Jewish families. Re the World Conference on Racism, I think it is obvious where I stand!

1 comment:

Alex said...

I suspect the French didn't like that because as (supposed) committed Republicans, they don't like to record/make an issue of people's race, colour or creed. They are, after all, all citizens of the Fifth Republic...