StatCounter

Tuesday 10 July 2012

When the headline doesn't match the story

Whilst driving around this morning I kept hearing the BBC headline that former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert had been found guilty of corruption charges. It's odd how any news detrimental to Israel is deemed worthy of a BBC news headline, what other foreign country apart from the USA or our major EU allies has so much news devoted to it as Israel? What was even more interesting was that when I got home I read that in fact Ehud Olmert was cleared of the two major corruption charges that he faced but was convicted on a third, lesser charge. He was cleared of the main corruption charges of bribery and falsely billing for foreign fundraising trips but found guilty of illegally granting favours to a business friend, during his time as a minister. Odd how the BBC report Israel, isn't it?

1 comment:

Ariadne said...

I was sure that was what I heard, so that ludicrous "report" is confirmed.

I'm not a fan of the Reith Lecture. My favourite ever was by an American neuroscientist with an Indian name. Niall Ferguson's has run second to that for me. And what niggardly applause he received today. Attacked all the leftie shiboleths! La Lawley covered up the dearth of questions by snapping at him.

No manners, even!