StatCounter

Monday 8 October 2012

That nice Jeremy Vine (updated)

I never had much of an opinion about Jeremy Vine. I have not listened to his radio show although I believe his taste in music is  not too shabby. I know who he is, could recognise him if I saw him on television and to be honest had no idea of his politics. In fact the only time I had mentioned Jeremy Vine on this blog, it was in this post where I commented:
'If you'd like to hear Ed Miliband making the same points on the Jeremy Vine show and being taken apart by Jeremy Vine then you can here for the next 7 days. It is nice to hear a BBC presenter actually tackle a Labour politician about their economic policy past, present and future.'

However this weekend it all changed when I was made aware of this tweet from Jeremy Vine..
Here's the brief Twitter conversation that ensued...
As you can see, my response was polite and clear. Jeremy Vine's response to me was disingenuous. My response picked him up on this and as a result 'that nice Jeremy Vine off of the radio' got personal and insulting.

I did respond...
As did Peter Martin, a tweeter new to me...
As well as Red Karateka...
To whom I responded...

I wasn't around much yesterday so didn't see the following responses to my tweet checking if this really was Jeremy Vine...

 This morning I have responded...





 I await Jeremy Vine's response.

UPDATE:
It would appear that Jeremy Vine has responded by blocking me on Twitter. Note that I just asked him a reasonable question and he was the one who insulted me. I wonder if he will respond to an email now?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't like Jeremy Vine either, he's an appalling man....however, isn't ironic that you're upset at being called a troll when it's exactly the sort of retort you turn immediately to when someone disagrees with the fatuous comments you make on this blog?

Not a sheep said...

One slight problem, I rather rarely resort to calling someone a troll - I only do so if I am sure that they are.From your tone I presume that you are someone that I have called a troll before.

Anonymous said...

'Jeremy Vine' is a different JV, the Jeremy Vine from the radio you are discussing is 'THE Jeremy Vine' on twitter as he has pointed out on his radio show.

Not a sheep said...

Anon: Have you looked at the screen caps?