StatCounter

Friday 2 January 2009

Labour talking tough on immigration

Once again this Labour government have decided that it is time to talk tough on immigration. Back in November I blogged that
"The Labour government who spent 10 years encouraging legal immigration and not working to minimise illegal immigration whilst shutting down any discussion of the matter by crying "racism" have over the last year or so started to talk tough on immigration. Don't worry they haven't seen the error of their ways, it is all about what matters second of all to Labour - votes. The people most adversely affected by their lax immigration policy are the lower working class who have lost out on jobs to the incomers and of course those who dislike their town resembling Ludhiana rather than Lancashire. These people, not Conservatives, are the people who are most likely to vote BNP at the next election. LabourHome have helpfully produced heat maps that show the areas where the BNP seem to have the most members and you can see how that might affect Labour in the next election. Of course if Labour had allowed Migration Watch and Michael Howard the air to debate immigration between 2001 and 2006 maybe they wouldn't be facing this leakage of votes. "


Today I read that:
"White working class people on some estates feel their concerns about immigration are ignored, Communities Secretary Hazel Blears has said."

Of course Hazel Blears, having listened to the public, has decided they are mistaken and the state broadcasting arm is happy to repeat her findings:
"She told the BBC politicians had to make a greater effort to challenge "myths" spread by the far right.

A report suggests many white people living on estates in England feel the government has abandoned them.

The study involved interviews of 43 people in Birmingham, Milton Keynes, Norfolk and Cheshire.

The interviews took place on four, predominantly white, housing estates and found people felt a sense of resentment, unfairness and betrayal.

The report said a lack of discussion about concerns had created an atmosphere where rumours spread by the far-right were soon believed to be true.

Ms Blears told the BBC the research showed it was important to get the debate out in the open, to stop the far right from "peddling myths" such as suggestions that immigrants got priority in social housing. "


Just when I think that this Labour government couldn't get any more out of touch, they prove me wrong. My how I hate the lot of them and look forward to seeing them out on their over-padded backsides come the general election.


I am not sure which members of this Labour government I hate more: people like Gordon Brown and Peter Mandelson who seem to know what they are doing and seem to take a perverse pleasure in keeping power whatever the cost to the Country, aspiring leaders like the Miliband brothers, Ed Balls and Harriet Harman who are so, so eager for ultimate power that you can see the ambition dripping from every pore of their bodies or the apparatchiks like Hazel Blears, Jacqui Smith and Geoff Hoon who would parrot any line they are being fed if instructed so to do. What I do know is that I hate them all, I hate what they have done to this Country and what they intend to do to it. I hate their lies, their misrule, their transgressions that go unpunished and the way that whatever goes wrong they feel they can blame the last Conservative government rather than themselves. I hate the way that they have so politicised the public institutions of this Country that any incoming alternative Government will need more than 20 years to start to reverse the institutional bias. I hate the way that their mistakes are covered up by the BBC; no longer an independent broadcaster but now an arm of the Labour government. I hate the way that opponents are labelled "racist", or "nasty" or "little Englanders". I hate the way that this Labour government have ruled as if they really are "the political wing of the British people" and as a result have trampled on all opposing opinion. I hate the way that this Labour government have, over and over again, "played the man" rather than the argument; all but destroying dissent as a result. I hate the way that they have split up the UK for their political advantage and destroyed many of the traditions of England along the way. Above all I hate the way that this once great Country, a place I have lived in all my life, has been systematically turned into a place that I can no longer feel proud of, no longer love, no longer want to live in. For all of these reasons and more, this Labour government have made me both sad and very, very angry.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely right on.

In the old Soviet system that they try to emulate they would be put up against a wall and shot for economic sabotage against the state.

We should remove their pensions and give them only a state pension at least, and no directorships or advisory roles.

William said...

I think it's a pretty solid rule that when you're motivated by hate you're likely to make pretty poor judgements. The fact you hate this long list of people is your problem. It says a lot about your state of mind and very little about their competence (which I quite agree is a matter of pressing national importance). Are any of your insights prompted by love, enthusiasm or compassion?

Not a sheep said...

William: That was one post to express my understandable hatred for some pretty hateful people. I don't see hating the named people as my problem but theirs.

Many of my articles are prompted by a love for my country & culture, enthusiasm for excellence & proper science and compassion for the victims of ignorance and closed minds.

William said...

It's not understandable at all. That's why I commented. You may find these people misguided, ignorant, ill-informed, economical with the truth, giddy with power and many other things. But to *hate* them is unenlightened - it teaches us nothing. It's - frankly - childish, and begs to be challenged. You're descending into a sort of "blogosphere of hate" which is on a par with biting in the playground. What's the point of not being a sheep if you're just some sort of bitey thing?

Not a sheep said...

Oh dear, here we go again. You might find them "misguided, ignorant, ill-informed, economical with the truth, giddy with power and many other things", I find them "hateful". To hate something or someone for no reason might be unenlightened, but I have reason - good reason. This blog is not a "hate blog" and I never bit anyone in the playground.

If you don't agree with my views, that's fine. If you disagree with my views so much that you you leave, never to return, then that's fine too.

As a point of information I don't censor comments unless they become boring or insulting.

William said...

Well, that's a perfectly respectable comment moderation policy.

My take on this is here - http://williamheath.net/?p=100