StatCounter

Thursday 5 February 2009

Samantha Power

Back in October last year I blogged about Barack Obama's team and their views on Israel. I included part of a speech by Harvard professor Samantha Power, a key foreign policy adviser to Barack Obama. Here it is again...


As I said then: "Doesn't she have a lovely sneer on her? Did you sense the disdain when she mentioned a certain "political constituency" at around 0:55? Nice use of the phrase "major human rights abuses" to describe Israel rather than the Palestinians."


Now I learn that Barack Obama is to make Smantha Power
"senior director for multilateral affairs at the National Security Council, a job that will require close contact and potential travel with (Hillary) Clinton, who is now secretary of state. NSC staffers often accompany the secretary of state on foreign trips."


As Melanie Phillips said recently:

"Power has advocated the ending of all aid to Israel and redirecting it to the Palestinians. She has also spoken about the need to land a ‘mammoth force’ of US troops in Israel to protect the Palestinians from Israeli attempts at genocide (sic) -- and has complained that criticism of Barack Obama all too often came down to what was ‘good for the Jews’."


If "By their friends ye shall know them" then I really do not feel any happier with Barack Obama in the White House than I thought I would. And I had very low expectations before the election...

No comments: