StatCounter

Thursday 3 May 2012

I suppose working for the BBC you need to be 'special'

Guido Fawkes reports that the BBC's Stephanie Flanders, the BBC economics editor, tweeted yesterday:
'Just tried to vote. My polling station, in Hammersmith, had closed two hours early. Has anyone else had same problem?'
Fortunately that St Paul's Girls' School, Balliol College, Oxford and Harvard University education was not entirely wasted as she soon corrected herself:
'My democratic outrage is now in abeyance. Apparently all stations closed because, er, today isn't Thursday. Clearly I need an early night.'

Should we expect any better from a senior BBC journalist? How about from one who has the unenviable history of having dated both Ed Balls and Ed Miliband?

If a conservative politician or right-wing commentator had made such a mistake the BBC would be all over this story but as it shows one of their own up, I predict somewhat less coverage.

No comments: