StatCounter

Friday 24 July 2015

The candour, humour and body swerve of a US president per BBC News

John Sopel doesn't hide his positive feelings for Barack Hussein Obama in this grade A suck up piece - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-33646545 I can't imagine a similarly positive piece about any Republican President.
One piece struck me for a different reason:
'"I am not a fan of discrimination and bullying of anybody on the basis of race, on the basis of religion, on the basis of sexual orientation or gender," he told me.'
This was re Africa. Which would raise an obvious followup question for an unbiased journalist - what about Saudi Arabia and other Muslim countries where non Muslims suffer because of their race and religion, where homosexuals are persecuted, sometimes fatally so, and where women are definitely second class citizens? Oddly this question was not asked by the BBC's Sopel, I don't know why...

No comments: