StatCounter

Saturday 3 May 2008

Good bye and good riddance to Ken Livingstone, and the aftermath

Good bye and good riddance to Ken Livingstone, a disaster for London in the 1980s and again from 2000. The damage that this piece of slime has done to London is immeasurable and I hope that in time he will pay the price.

I am writing this whilst watching Sky's live coverage of the Mayoral results and speeches. I am quite impressed by Boris Johnson's speech but not by his kind words about Ken Livingstone, Ken Livingstone does not deserve anyone's thanks, he has almost destroyed the London I have grown up in and once loved. I am staggered by Ken Livingstone's kind words about Labour and taking the responsibility for the loss. Brian Paddick a so so speech.

I'd quite like to hear the other candidates' speeches but Sky like the BBC will not give the BNP a platform. On that point it is a shame that the BNP didn't quite overtake the Green party as that would have stopped the Greens portraying themselves and being portrayed by the BBC as the fourth party in British politics. The BBC even now are showing just the top four candidates on their News front page, despite the difference in votes between the Green and BNP candidates amounted to less than 0.31%. This does not mean I support the BNP, I do not. However I am heartily sick of the holier than thou attitudes they espouse and the way that they are so wrong on so many issues and yet are so respected by the BBC.

No comments: