StatCounter

Friday 4 July 2008

Stephen Nolan's 5-Live show

Stephen Nolan had Sir Antony Jay on his show tonight and Stephen Nolan seemed incredulous that anyone could think the BBC might be biased or bloated. I posted a question on the programme's "Get in touch" page thus:
"You say the BBC isn't biased, you seem to think it can't be.

Take a trip over to http://www.biased-bbc.blogspot.com and read what people think about the BBC's bias.

As one example, why won't the BBC publish the Balen Report? If Malcolm Balen had reported that there was no anti-Israel bias (contrary to the claims of those now asking for the report to be published) then I think it likely that the BBC would have published it. The fact that the BBC has refused to publish the report and has spent taxpayers money on fighting a legal challenge leads many to believe that the report does document the BBC's bias against Israel."
I doubt it will be read out during the phone-in.

1 comment:

John M Ward said...

I was asked to join in the Stephen Nolan programme a few months back. They called me almost half-an-hour earlier than they said they would, kept me on the 'phone until a good hour after I was due on, and then just disconnected without notice or anything else.

I waited for a while, but they didn't come back to me, so I went out (as I had told them I'd need to do around the time it then was) and that was the end of that.

I consider that a shoddy way of working. My confidence in the BBC was not raised by the experience...