StatCounter

Saturday 14 March 2009

Crap cover versions

Some cover versions that irritate me:
Flo Rida's "Right Round" is not a patch on Dead or Alive's "You Spin Me Round", the Saturdays' "Just Can't Get Enough" is not a patch on Depeche Mode's original and the other day I heard a completely annoying cover version of Mike & the Mechanics' "The Living Years". And of course a while back there was the Fugees incredibly irritating cover of Roberta Flack's beautiful "Killing Me Softly" - I must have heard the Fugees version "One Time, Two Time, Three Time" in fact many more times too many times.

Please musicians write your own bloody songs.


Judge for yourselves:



or







or







or






I reserve the right to add more dire cover versions as and when I think of them, or do suggest your own.

2 comments:

Crushed said...

I have to say, as a Die Hard Mode fan, that Just Can't Get Enough is one of the tracks I kind of disavow a little...
I'm aware it's one that they are seemingly remembered for, but to me it represents an early, rather shallow phase in their music.

Not a sheep said...

Hmm, I quite like their early synth stuff, but then I am a big OMD, Kraftwerk and early Human League fan.