StatCounter

Tuesday 3 November 2009

Always take your bread from the back of the baker's basket

Having queued up behind a mother and her, only averagely, snotty child I realised why I always take my bread from the back of the baker's baskets. The little germ carrier touched several loaves with the same hand that he had been using to wipe his nose and insert in his mouth. His doting mother caught him once and gave out a tired little Joyce Grenfellesque "don't do that" but he of course ignored her. The shop assistant did nothing and I, not wanting any confrontation, just took my loaf from the back of the basket and wondered if there was space in our kitchen for a breadmaker.

2 comments:

increasinglymiffed said...

I'm going to make a very unbloggy comment....

get a breadmaker - it's cheaper than shop bread, and great to eat!

John M Ward said...

The kid obviously wasn't very well bread - er, "bred"!