StatCounter

Monday 3 January 2011

Should the BBC's Nick Robinson have been fired for this admission?

Back on 1 September 2010 Nick Robinson blogged that:
'I would like to apologise for my reporting of the relationship between Tony Blair and Gordon Brown in the years they were together in government. Some said it was tittle tattle, others that it was speculation, a few dared to suggest that it was fabrication.

I now accept that I made mistakes. Things were worse - much worse - than I reflected at the time. '
If Nick Robinson heard the rumours about what was really going on between Blair and Brown but chose not to report them then he is guilty of deliberately withholding information from the public. If he did not know, why didn't he; enough other people did?

Unless Nick Robinson's role as chief political correspondent for the BBC involves protecting senior Labour figures and the Labour party?

No comments: