StatCounter

Tuesday 22 February 2011

Male or female

I came home from work this evening and put on the television to see some black youngsters chatting about this and that in Africa. Only after a few minutes did I realise that the thin but athletic looking boy was who was featuring heavily in the segment was in fact Caster Semenya. I am a big athletics fan so I watched the rest of the programme and it was intriguing; to me Caster Semenya looks very masculine and the initial reporting of the IAAF's tests showed her to be male but the programme was very heavily slanted in favour of the subject of the programme and so was joyous when she was cleared by the IAAF.

In August 2009 I blogged:
'It seems to me that there are girly girls and manly women and Kratochvílová was in the latter camp. As for Caster Semenya, time will tell although when I saw the last lap of the 800 metre final race live I did immediately notice that she was a very different physique to the other athletes...'
Having watched the programme for about 25 minutes I must say she sounds like a man, facially looks more masculine than feminine and physically looks different from most women. What's the truth? Who really knows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I suspect your eyes don't deceive you.