StatCounter

Thursday 24 February 2011

Police related post of the day

Inspector Gadget has hit the nail on the head with this post entitled 'Diversity Training Day':
'In the absence these days of simple manners, which always used to prevent a decent person from being rude or nasty to someone simply because they are of a different race, we now have endless Diversity Training. I am booked on to the One Day Self-Awareness, Diversity, Learning and Skill Sharing Conference at a particularly grubby national hotel chain half way across the county.
...
The joining instructions instruct me to bring an item which is precious to me, something I think will start a discussion, something which sums up the way I feel about Diversity. I can’t take my own book, so I have decided to take a poster sized version of the photo below.


Here we have one of the Diversity team’s most favourite people in a celebratory victory handshake with one of the Diversity team’s least favourite people. When I am asked what it is that I feel is so precious, I will say the life of WPC Yvonne Fletcher. Do you think that will start a discussion?'


There is not much I can add to a post like that!

No comments: