StatCounter

Sunday 4 March 2012

Mehdi Hasan a BBC favourite commentator

Mehdi Hasan is a regular guest on the BBC and is generally described just as 'political editor of the New Statesman'. I have yet to hear him described as 'political editor of the left-wing, al New Statesman' and I suppose I never will although I have heard The Spectator described as right-wing.

I wonder how you think the BBC should describe Mehdi Hasan after watching this video...
"...Once we lose the moral high-ground we are no different from the rest, of the non-Muslims; from the rest of those human beings who live their lives as animals, bending any rule to fulfil any desire."
Personally I am not over-keen on being called an animal, how about you?

5 comments:

Durotrigan said...

"I am not an animal. I am a human being!" We're not so much elephant men for Mehdi, as cattlemen.

Anonymous said...

Er, it sounds to me like he is arguing that the use of violence is un-Islamicn and can't be condoned. Maybe comparing non-Muslims to animals is a bad choice of metaphor, but is his overall point not one you would approve of?

And the second commentor here is equating the actions of individuals within a religious group to all members of that group. Dodgy ground.

Now, feel free to proffer a knee-jerk, hysterical reaction to my comments as you look for evidence of your deeply held beliefs in every news report you see and piece of video you find on Youtube.

Anonymous said...

I'm always very warey of youtube videos that don't allow comments, or don't show entire talks, and just clips out of them - but mostly youtube vids that have disabled commenting, what have they got to hide?

an old video too eh? 2009? I'd like to see him reply to the video to give his take on what he could possibly be trying to say!

Anonymous said...

Never liked that Mehdi Hassan, whenever he's on Question Time he always comes across as a sanctimonious "see you next tuesday"

Alex said...

Oh, I am definitely an animal, so are most of my friends. I don't try to hide it, and am not particularly ashamed about it.