StatCounter

Thursday 16 October 2014

Ebola, so what? It won't affect me...

Ebola, so what? It won't affect me... I've actually heard people say this; shocking I know.

Well Ebola will affect you. I'm willing to bet that jihadi terrorists are even now trying to find a way of getting the Ebola virus into Europe and the USA.

But apart from that, The Ivory Coast, which produces about 1.6 million metric tons of cacao beans per year (approximately 33% of the world’s total) closed its borders with Guinea and Liberia in August. Next door to Ivory Coast is Ghana, the world’s third-largest producer of cacao beans, 879,348 metric tons per year (approximately 15 percent of the world’s total).

If production, or rather safe distribution, of cacao beans is threatened then prices will rise and so will the price of chocolate...

No comments: