StatCounter

Friday 16 November 2007

A fine article to read

Please go and read John Redwood's piece entitled "Why are so many people leaving the UK?", it is a fine piece of writing and covers much of what I and others feel about the state of this country.

If I felt I could, then I would quote the entire piece; but I shall restrict myself to the last two paragraphs...

"If Ministers cannot understand why people are leaving, I have this advice for them. Leave the Ministerial car at home next week, and try getting yourself to the office for 9 am each day. Work out what it is like paying the mortgage, buying the petrol, paying the Council Tax and the family food on average earnings in this country, and ask yourself if people really are paying too little tax when you’ve done those sums. Try and imagine what it is like to be English, when the government is directed from a Scottish perspective on so many things. Ask yourself if you think it’s fair that Scotland has a totally different deal in the Union to the majority.

If you still can’t figure out why so many people are leaving, then you are not cut out to be a politician. You are simply, hopelessly and comprehensively out of touch. If you can, then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT."

Well said Mr Redwood, well said.

No comments: