StatCounter

Thursday 27 November 2008

The collapse of the High Street has started early

I have blogged before, including here and here about the upcoming collapse of the retail sector in the UK.

I predicted that:
"Many retail companies are just holding position and hoping for a good Christmas, when that does not come true there will be big losses, company failures and huge job losses. I expect to see many high streets and shopping malls with over 15% empty units by the end of 2009 Q2."

It looks as though I may have been slightly optimistic although my end thought bears repetition:
"I don't wish to sound like the harbinger of doom, but... "


This recession is going to be longer and deeper than most people believe is possible and Alistair Darling/Gordon Brown's predictions in the Pre Budget Report are so ridiculously optimistic that they are risible.

No comments: