StatCounter

Tuesday 10 March 2009

Doctor Who - The Family of Blood (reprise) and matters more general

The Family of Blood episode of Doctor Who was on TV last night and I watched it. Watching it again reminded me that I am, underneath it all, a big softie; I got really quite emotional at several points near the end. It also reminded me that Jessica Stevenson really is a very underrated actress as well as being rather sexy. It also struck me that the Family's bombing of the village was very reminiscent of Missile Command.

As the world's economy collapses and our very future seems uncertain maybe it is taking pleasure from such programmes as Doctor Who that will be one of the few thibgs we will have left over the next 20 years or so.

1 comment:

Joe B. said...

Because you wrote this I might today take my fob watch out of the package and actually start using it.

Great two parter, great performances, especially Tennant who is actually challenged by the material and doesn't have as much time for the charm offensive as usual.

And Juliet was remarkable.