StatCounter

Wednesday 23 March 2011

The Independent newspaper's choice of words

If the BBC's choice of words to describe the Jerusalem bomb got me annoyed, The Independent has managed to rile me even more. Here's a line from their report on the bombing:
'Police said it was a "terrorist attack" - Israel's term for a Palestinian strike.'
I'll let that sink in shall I? 'Police said it was a "terrorist attack" - Israel's term for a Palestinian strike.' Israel's term for blowing up a bus in the capital of Israel so killing and maiming innocent civilians is "terrorist attack" but The Independent prefer 'Palestinian strike'. My refusal to buy The Independent seems well founded and likely to continue. Could any passing Independent readers justify this language?

1 comment:

Prasad said...

The bomb blast was really unfortunate. Who might be in behind the blast they should be punished to death