StatCounter

Saturday 28 January 2017

"One thing that is true of the BBC is of course, you leave all your personal opinions at the door"

When I asked you re the BBC Media Show interview with James Harding to guess what my two word response was a reaction to,  I knew that Beeb Bias Craig's isthebbcbiased.blogspot.co.uk would give a full report on that same interview.

Here's that report http://isthebbcbiased.blogspot.in/2017/01/one-thing-that-is-true-of-bbc-is-of.html and here's the part that elicited my reaction:

' SH:         I guess is . . . I mean, this is a very cheeky question . . .

JH:          Hm-hmm (laughs)

SH:         And there's no reason why you should have a proper answer to it, in fairness . . .

JH:          Can I just say, 'No I don't'(laughs)

SH:      Do you . . . well, that might be the answer. Do you know anybody on the journalistic or editorial staff at the BBC, who is pro-Trump?

JH:          (two second pause) (inhales) So . . .

SH:         As an individual I mean.

JH:        So, so really important . . . there's a really important thing here, which is that, people inside the BBC, they are all journalists, actually, one of the great misunderstandings about journalists is that there is such a thing as groupthink. Journalists, by nature, have really contrary opinions, they have different opinions, certainly when, when there's a group of think— er, people who go in one direction, they, by nature, want to go the other direction, you know them as well as I do. Erm, one thing that is true of the BBC is of course, you leave all your personal opinions at the door.'

Craig's response is "Yeah right", mine was a little stronger.

Does anyone truly believe a that any BBC 'journalist' or editor is pro Trump or b) that all BBC 'journalists' leave their 'personal opinions at the door'?

I think bullshit is a fair response.

No comments: