StatCounter

Thursday 27 September 2007

Overheard homework - (The light)

I was at a client's house yesterday when I overheard his daughter discussing her music homework with a relative. The girl was trying to get a list together of singers who write their own songs and was advised to include Barry Manilow in her list. "Does he write his own songs then?" she asked. How I restrained myself from bursting into song, I do not know:

"I write the songs that make the whole world sing
I write the songs of love and special things
I write the songs that make the young girls cry
I write the songs, I write the songs"


Interestingly (and I use the word wrongly - thanks Stephen Fry for that line) although Barry Manilow wrote many of his own songs, "I write the songs" was written by Bruce Johnston.

No comments: