StatCounter

Saturday 1 September 2007

A rather depressing prediction


I am afraid that the political winds seem to be blowing in the direction of an October election. Gordon Brown needs to call an election quickly, before the already shaky economy collapses under the weight of dodgy credit that his policies have encouraged and exacerbated. He also wants to avoid a referendum on the EU Treaty and calling an election and spinning that as a mandate for signing up is his, he hopes, low risk strategy. The alternative would be to hold a referendum on election day as a way of trying to tie the two issues together. I fear that with the BBC issuing daily propaganda on his behalf, Gordon Brown will win the election to the massive detriment to the UK's future. In fact if Labour win an early October election I think I will carry out my promise to leave this country and Europe.

No comments: