StatCounter

Friday 11 January 2008

Even more on Peter Hain

Further to my previous post where I pointed out that "Peter Hain's website is of course paid for by the taxpayer not Peter Hain, as "This website is funded by the Communications Allowance". The latest way that the Labour government have tried to keep their hands on power."


I see that Lib Dem Voice are now reporting that "Looks like when I said Peter Hain had four problems at the moment, I should have said five. His website - www.peterhain.org - says at the bottom, “This website is funded by the Communications Allowance”. Now that’s ok in itself - MPs are allowed to use the funds they receive to communicate online. However, what they’re not allowed to do is to use the money for party politics. So it’s a bit of a problem, that the site says “please use this site to join the debate about Labour’s future.” That’d be party politics methinks. Oops."

Well spotted Mark Pack.


Incidentally it would appear that Peter Hain's minions are reading sites such as mine as what read:

"The key to this website is dialogue and I have tried to make it possible for you to post your own views, so please use this site to join the debate about Labour's future. I look forward to hearing from you."

Now reads:

"The key to this website is dialogue and I will be keeping you up to date on my activities and you can get in touch with me by clicking here.

I look forward to hearing from you."


Now why would he have dropped mention of "Labour's future"? Worried about being accused of misusing the Communications Allowance perhaps.

No comments: