StatCounter

Friday 5 September 2008

Google Chrome

"NotaSheep, have you installed Google Chrome yet?"
That's one of the most asked questions I have been posed over the last few days. My answer is "NO", and I won't be doing so until Google change their EULA. Their current EULA contains this clause requiring users to
"give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and nonexclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services."

People seem shocked when I inform them of this EULA, I am not sure why as Google have history in this area, remember Gmail?

Whilst I am on the subject of Google's monitoring of internet access, you might be interested in this CNet article on Google's Omnibox.


UPDATE:
THE EULA has been changed (see here, thanks to Matt Cutts for the tip.

1 comment:

Matt Cutts said...

Not sure if you saw it, but Google changed the EULA and apologized in less than a day.