StatCounter

Sunday 18 January 2009

The stupidity of youth (update)

Further to my blog about the Scarlet Harlots and especially the comments I received, I watched the semi-final of the Orange Unsigned Act show today with more than the usual amount of interest.

I was cheered as the very talented Hip Parade were named as the first band to go through to the final, not surprised that the angst ridden Tommy Reilly was the second named to go through and then... I was awaiting the telegenic but not that exciting Toby Sebastian or the on and off Bo Bruce to be named as the third act to go through but no it was the Scarlet Harlots whose song I quite liked but whose lead singers bleating so pissed me off last week.

Surely the Scarlet Harlots cannot win this competition, I do hope not. I shall be voting for Hip Parade who are the most reliably listenable and exciting of the three finalists. I can imagine enjoying attending one of their gigs, whilst I doubt that I would enjoy Tommy Reilly for more than a few songs.

Obviously I will not be attending any Scarlet Harlot gigs, not that I think I would be welcome from the bile that was spewed in my comments section after my last post about them.

No comments: