StatCounter

Tuesday 27 October 2009

Big brave comedians

"Mock the Week" is a cutting edge news related comedy show, of the "takes no prisoners" variety. So I was interested to read on Dave TV's Mock the Week site that a rejected idea for "Scenes We'd Like to See" was "Things you wouldn't say to the prophet Mohammed"; rejected because "We're not idiots Joe. Rejected."

I wonder if the brave comedians would make fun of Jesus Christ or the Buddha on their programme? I think it likely. At least Frankie Boyle had the balls to make fun of Islam as much as other religions, it seems Dara O'Briain is less brave.

2 comments:

Dave Graham said...

You're a moron. That entire article on Dave is a parody.
Did you really think there was a writer called "Joe" who submitted the suggestion "Things" for one of the rounds?
Christ you're an idiot.
And the job of comedians isn't to articulate your fear of islam.
Make up your own jokes, coward.
You'll not post this either, you chicken.

Not a sheep said...

A parody! Thank god you told me otherwise I would never have known. It must be marvellous being so intelligent and perceptive. For fucks sake, yes I realise that there was no "Joe". My point and I would have hoped most people were bright enough to work it out for themselves was that... Hold on I don't need to tell you because you are a bright lad really.

As for your "the job of comedians isn't to articulate your fear of islam." Half right; the job of comedians is not to articulate anyone's "fear" of Islam, however "edgy" comedy should also not just attack easy targets, it should be brave and fearless in the face of intimidation.

As to your closing remarks: I am not a coward and I am certainly no chicken - I's a goat.