StatCounter

Friday 18 December 2009

Another ‘don’t you know who I am?’ Labour minister

I see in The Mail that Vera Baird (the Solicitor General) is accused of following in Harriet Harman's (Leader of the House of Commons, Lord Privy Seal and Minister for Women and Equality) in thinking she is above criticism and the law. The Mail reports that:
"The drama started when Mrs Baird, 58, was walking her puppy in King’s Cross train station in Central London in October.

A mother with her young child confronted the minister after allegedly seeing her fail to pick up the dog’s mess after it fouled the platform.

It is an offence if an owner does not clean up immediately after their dog has fouled land to which the public has access.

The fine is usually a £50 fixed penalty notice. According to sources, Mrs Baird took great offence at being challenged by the woman and gave her a ‘complete mouthful’.

When a police community support officer turned up to deal with the altercation, a by-now furious Mrs Baird made it clear she felt she was being humiliated and allegedly said ‘don’t you know who I am?’. The minster denied this today.

Eventually, the PCSO took Mrs Baird’s details and submitted a report suggesting the minister be investigated for a low level public order offence for causing ‘harassment, alarm or distress’ – which carries a maximum fine of £1,000.

The incident was officially logged as a crime."
So was this senior Law Officer prosecuted? What do you think? This is Labour Britain so I was not surprised to read that:
"According to sources, a number of officers thought charges would be brought. But, after reviewing the evidence, senior transport police officers ruled that the case be dropped.

One source claimed they ‘lost their bottle’ because of Mrs Baird’s position."


I was also interested to read that Vera Baird is reported to have said:
"'My new puppy was unwell and made a mess on the platform at King’s Cross some weeks ago. A member of the public complained to me and she and I had an argument.

‘As it ended, a PCSO arrived and spoke to me. I complained to the BTP about his attitude.

‘I have received an apology from the BTP and as far as I am concerned the matter is closed.’

She added: ‘I asked for, and got, help from the station cleaner as it was not possible to pick up the mess.’"
How dare a PCSO question a member of the Labour Politburo, do they not realise how important Vera Baird is and that the laws of the land do not apply to such as she?

I am also so pleased to see that Vera Baird managed to get one of the little people to clear up her puppy's mess for her. I would hate to think of a Labour minister having to soil her hands with dog shit, that is a job for a menial member of the public not an high flying Labour minister. Shovelling shit onto us is the job of a Labour minister.

No comments: