StatCounter

Sunday 27 December 2009

Minor but so indicative

The news that:
"A bingo caller has been advised to stop using phrases such as "two fat ladies" for fear of offending his audience."
is a minor story but is so indicative of the mess this Country is in. Apparently:
""The concern was that if there might be two large ladies in the audience when I said 'two fat ladies 88' or someone might think I was looking at their legs when I said 'legs 11'," he said.

"I was advised that someone might take offence and we could end up being taken to court." "
And of course a po-faced official was on hand to primly pontificate":
"A council spokeswoman told the East Anglian Daily Times: "In particular with John being a councillor we have to be politically correct."

She added: "It is very sad because it is part of the fun of bingo but unfortunately in today's society people take it literally." "

I want my Country back; it was a sensible Country.

No comments: