StatCounter

Tuesday 16 February 2010

"Can I edit a tweet once I post it? Nope. Once it's out there, you can't edit it."

From Twitter's FAQs:
"Can I edit a tweet once I post it?

Nope. Once it's out there, you can't edit it. You can delete an update by clicking the trash icon on the right end of the update, but you can't make changes."

maybe someone could explain this to the journalists who seem happy to swallow Labour MP (and Minister) David Wright's claims that his Tweet:
"Because you can put lipstick on a scum-sucking pig, but it’s still a scum-sucking pig. And cos they would ruin Britain."
was not posted by him "Somebody has tinkered with my tweet. I never said 'scum sucking'. I said 'you can put lipstick on a pig and it is still a pig'. I need to find out how this happened."

Is David Wright claiming that someone edited his Tweet as he posted it? He can't be claiming that his account was hacked as when he was originally asked about the Tweet he commented ‘Oh dear, upsetting Tories again. Must’ve hit a nerve’.

Iain Dale has been covering this story all day, keep an eye there for up to the minute updates; some of us have day jobs!


Meanwhile I note that David Wright's Twitter monitor on his website still says:
"* What a commotion today. Looks like my tweets have been tinkered with. I will keep you posted about 22 hours ago"
Any updates for the waiting public Mr Wright?

No comments: