StatCounter

Friday 15 October 2010

You must not question a liberal

I entered into a brief and generally unenlightening Twitter conversation today. Here is is, what do you think?

From RC
RezinaChowdhury Rezina
I do wish @r4today would stop using the words #migrationwatch and #research in the same sentence. It's misleading. So stop it.
from Streatham Hill, London


From Me
notasheepagoat NotaSheep MaybeaGoat
@RezinaChowdhury #migrationwatch Please explain this slur. MigrationWatch have done more research on immigration than any group I know of.


From RC
RT @notasheepagoat: @RezinaChowdhury #migrationwatch Please explain this slur. MigrationWatch have done more (cont) http://tl.gd/6g6dsv


From Me
notasheepagoat NotaSheep MaybeaGoat
@RezinaChowdhury pardon?


From RC
RezinaChowdhury Rezina
@notasheepagoat just a RT. Hope you don't mind.
from Lambeth, London


From Me
notasheepagoat NotaSheep MaybeaGoat
@RezinaChowdhury I don't mind at all. I was just wondering if you were trying to justify your slur...


From RC
RezinaChowdhury Rezina
@notasheepagoat I assumed you were being humorous and I always RT funny tweets. Mea culpa.


From Me
notasheepagoat NotaSheep MaybeaGoat
@RezinaChowdhury No I was being serious. So can you justify your slur on #Migrationwatch?


From RC
RezinaChowdhury Rezina
@notasheepagoat sure. If you can demonstrate that MigrationWatch conduct and analyse primary research according to MRS code of conduct.


From Me
notasheepagoat NotaSheep MaybeaGoat
@RezinaChowdhury Can you prove that they do not and/or that only research meeting that code of conduct is valid?


From RC
RezinaChowdhury Rezina
@notasheepagoat This is ridiculous. I'm going to have to block you. Don't take it personally.


From Me
notasheepagoat NotaSheep MaybeaGoat
@RezinaChowdhury You're going to block me because I dare to ask you to substantiate a point and I am not expected to take that personally!


No reply to me from RC because I had been blocked but on her Twitter feed I found the following tweets from RC and another...

From RC
RezinaChowdhury Rezina
Just had to block a migrationwatch supporter who thinks MRS code of conduct can be dispensed with.


From PS
philipsidaway philip sidaway
@RezinaChowdhury yes! love the power of the twitter block!!


From RC
RezinaChowdhury Rezina
@philipsidaway he also took great exception to me RT'ing his 1st reply. I thought he was ironic. Turns out he was being serious. Oops.


From PS
philipsidaway philip sidaway
@RezinaChowdhury I had to do the same for some prat TaxPayAll supporter. He was such a fascist!


From RC
RezinaChowdhury Rezina
@philipsidaway I suspect that they may be next on my block list if I slight their research credentials again!


From PS
philipsidaway philip sidaway
@RezinaChowdhury now by 'research credentials' you are being ironic? yes :- ))



So there we have it the standard techniques of liberals: make a slur, refuse to justify the slur, close down argument and call opponents prats & fascists. Thankfully thanks to Twitter's features I can follow this delightful couple and see who else they decide is a 'fascist' or a 'prat' for not having the same world view as themselves.

1 comment:

Craig said...

Is Rezina a BBC moderator?