StatCounter

Tuesday 9 August 2011

It's not about 'Cuts', it's not about under-investment, it's not about a lack of youth clubs. It is about looting and greed

The copycat riots show how many of the nation's youth are happy to break the law when they know that they are very unlikely to be caught and that if they are caught they are unlikely to be punished in any meaningful manner. Here's one comment from the BBC's live news:
'John Skinner from West Ealing writes: Young people were dragging boxed flat screen TV's in their hands with impunity. I saw a convoy of police cars driving past. The officers were clearly stretched. No cars stopped. I also saw Seba Electronics being ransacked; two or three TV's were stolen by one person. His audacity brought gasps from onlookers. I feel awful for the owner and his wife who are always pleasant and helpful and have had their business there for years. They do not deserve what has happened. Carphone Warehouse is engulfed by plumes of smoke. Wilkinsons, Boots, Cash Converters and other stores in the area were also attacked. It was simply pure greed.'
For some years now I have been predicting the economic collapse that is engulfing Western society and have received derisive comments from many. I have also been predicting civil unrest and have been under even more attack for that. It seems that I was right as British society has been so fractured and diminished by the policies of the last Labour government that civil cohesion is no more.

Since the last BBC headline I saw was about Ealing, I thought I'd take a look at the Ealing press. Here's a headline from The Ealing Gazette that I never thought I'd read ''Police have control of Ealing' says council leader'. Within that article is another example of what this rioting is about and how it affects normal law-abiding people.
'Sudha Venkataramana saw a car set on fire outside the family home just off Castlebar Road, Ealing, before 11pm. She said: "We heard loud noises on the street at about 10.45pm. There was a group of 20 to 25 teenagers on the street in Castlebar Road off Pinewood Grove. We heard them smashing car windows as they went by and set this car on fire.

"Almost all the cars parked outside have their windows smashed and dented. I can't believe this is happening, so unreal. I hope the culprits are caught and punished."'

The looting and vandalism occurring over this country is not about the cuts or much else other than some of this country's youth who have been brought up without anyone instilling in them a sense of right & wrong or a respect & fear of the law, realising that they they can just take what they want from shops and smash up what they want, as they will not be punished even if they are caught and convicted.

Seba Electronics in Ealing has nothing to do with the Government's cuts (such as they are), Seba electronics has not closed any local council services, Seba electronics has not oppressed the youth. What Seba Electronics has is a stock of shiny expensive things that these youth want and they know they can take without rear of any consequences. As I predicted yesterday unless the rioting is clamped down on, and clamped down hard, this could spread and spread very quickly. Do you really see David Cameron, Nick Clegg & Teresa May doing anything other than spouting platitudes and empty threats?

Some years ago I predicted that the UK was finished and that anyone who could, should get out. I made a big mistake, I allowed myself to be persuaded to stay. I wonder now if it is too late...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No derisive comments from me , Mr. Goat. Thank God I can get out of the shithole which is the UK. Just have to bring my plans forward. Sad that I am safer and happier in W. Africa than in Europe.
The British from heroes to zeros in one generation !