StatCounter

Saturday 5 November 2011

A tale of two trolls (part 1)

Recently my blog has en suffering from an infestation of trolls, they don't use their names or an alias preferring to be 'anonymous'. I did say several times that I would not be posting or responding to comments that I considered to arise from people deliberately misunderstanding my posts and that I was taking a zero tolerance approach to stupidity from now on. As I explained 'my blog, my rules; if you don't like it then you don't have to come here'.

I am going to break my own rules because I have received two anonymous comments that I think deserve wider exposure, so intelligent people can see the type of idiots and provocateurs that are out there and that I have to deal with.

This post will deal with the first comment which whilst only a minor was one that I thought deserved wider exposure and some light shone upon it. This however is just the prelude to another comment getting a damn good fisking later today.

The first comment was made in reply to my recent blogging notice in which I said:
'Blogging will be light or non-existent today & tomorrow as a) I am very busy at work and b) I just can't summon the enthusiasm to take on the BBC, international Islamist terrorism, the lies of the green lobby and Labour politicians.

Do I really make a difference? Can I make a difference?'
Here's the almost Proustian response from my anonymous troll:
'Thankfully, you don't make a difference. It's a relief that the majority of the country doesn't share your absurd views on just about everything you try to address on this blog...and long may that state of affairs continue.'
A savage, biting  response I think you will agree. Unfortunately for the troll, I will ignore him/her/it and listen to the other comments I received to that post of mine, here they are in all their positive, uplifting glory; for that is a major difference between the people who agree with me and those who don't - the former seem to be intelligent and honest whilst the latter seem to be twisted by hatred and full of bile:
'Anonymous Anonymous said...
It's a good question, but ultimately pointless as you'll never know. We say what we say because we feel morally bound to speak out against wrong in the world. We stand against the tide of moral relativism, vested interest, corruption and just plain evil, because if we don't, nobody will. Someone once said: "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" I think it was Burke. Yours is but one small voice, but it has a large and growing audience and you never know whether someone in a position of power may have their minds chanced by something you have written. So keep your spirits up and know that you are on the side of the angels.
3 November 2011 12:54
Delete
Anonymous Ed P said...
Yes you do! In particular, checking up on the BBC's never-ending anti-Israeli bias is perhaps a thankless task, but an essential one, and you're very good at it. Keep it up!
3 November 2011 14:05
Delete
Anonymous andy5759 said...
Chin up, it always seems darker just before the dawn.
3 November 2011 15:25
Delete
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Course you can. Don't give up the fight.
3 November 2011 21:40
Delete
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Like the Stereophonics said it only takes one match to burn a thousand trees.
3 November 2011 21:40
Delete
Blogger Davieboy said...
I don't know if you do make a difference, but nor do I know why I sometimes comment on websites or "+1" items. Makes me feel a bit better, and not so isolated in my opinions. Actually, I take it back, you DO make a difference, yours is one of my fave blogs, so please keep doing it!
3 November 2011 21:48
Delete
Blogger Grant said...
Mr. Goat, Sorry I have not been able to post much in the last month or so and am just getting back into B-BBC. But, yes you do make a difference and , together with the other excellent blogs, I am sure you keep the enemy looking over their shoulders. So don't despair. Keep on going ! Grant
4 November 2011 08:09'
I know numbers aren't everything but 6:1 seems fairly conclusive as well as a reminder of a recent football score.

2 comments:

Restoring Britain said...

You crack on NoaS.

I once saw on another blog that escapes me, the phrase "If you're taking Flak, you're near the target" and I think it is true.

In modern times there is only one real currency that people can trade on these days and that's credibility. When trolls come along in numbers it is a deliberate effort to deny the mantle of credibility. They don't like the truth because it shoots a gaping hole in their hatstand theories.

I thought it was really well summed up on a news site in the comment section of a story. The comment could have applied to any story where trolls come along to shout it down. It went like this:

I often think the reason people like you want to skirt over issues is because deep down you know whats in the box, therefore you rail against any clues that might make it even clearer. Everything you hold dear would be smitten in an instant with the truth. If there isn't a truth underlying this issue, why does it remotely bother you...

So carry on

Anonymous said...

Mr. Goat,
If you are getting so much flak from Lefties, it proves your blog is hitting the spot !
You should take their comments as compliments !