StatCounter

Tuesday 13 November 2012

"I always think that impartiality is in our DNA - it's part of the BBC's genetic make-up."

"I always think that impartiality is in our DNA - it's part of the BBC's genetic make-up."
That was Helen Boaden, the then director of BBC News.
‘No amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin.’
That's Martin Plaut, the BBC World Service Africa editor. He was being interviewed in The KentishTowner. I wonder how unbiased any reports of his would be if they involve any mention of the Conservative lead coalition government? I wonder how many more BBC editors feel the same? I wonder if any are right-wingers who feel that way aboutthe Labour party?

This sort of hatred of the Tories seems to be endemic in the BBC and helps to explain how and why the BBC Newsnight programme got enthusiastic about slurring the name of a senior Conservative of the Thatcher government era.


The context for that statement by Martin Plaut was this Q&A:
'Who or what do you hate and why? Tories. As Aneurin Bevan said: ‘No amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin.’ '

It seems that Bob Geldof wasn't a huge fan of Martin Plaut either!

No comments: