StatCounter

Tuesday 19 March 2013

The apartheid state


'Meet Sgt. Rima Baboo.

The daughter of a Muslim Arab father and a Christian mother, Rima says she never really knew who she was. "I lived a double life," she says, "never feeling that I truly had a place."

Then, she volunteered to serve in the Israel Defense Forces.

"I knew I would find my identity in the army," she says. "I wanted to wear the uniform of the IDF, to be like everyone else and fit in better. Today I know that I was right all along. It's not that all my problems have been solved or that my family tree has changed, but now I have a better sense of who I am and I'm not ashamed of where I come from."

"I feel just as Israeli as anybody else."

This, my friends, is Israel.'
In what other country in the Middle East would the daughter of a Muslim and a Christian be free to make her own decisions and live her own life? Yet 'Israel is an apartheid state' will still be yelled by the unthinking, the haters of Jews and those who just want a cause to replace destroying apartheid in South Africa.


Thanks to Avi Mayer for the link.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's probably no better palace for the daughter of the union between a Muslim and a Christian to be brought up than in Israel.