StatCounter

Monday 8 September 2008

Oprah Winfrey has a dilemma (update)

An an update to this piece I think you should take a look at Oprah's website forum, so far 3,315 replies and the overwhelming majority are very anti-Oprah's stance on not interviewing Sarah Palin. A very large number just don't believe her statement that "There has been absolutely no discussion about having Sarah Palin on my show." Oprah's viewers are angry, here's a few quotes:

"Oprah, you just lost a lot of credibility. If Sarah Palin was a Democrat, or on Obama's ticket, she likely would be on your show, and most people realize the double standard you are advocating. And to say there has been "absolutely no discussion about having Sarah Palin on my show" is very hard to believe.

Go ahead and keep her off the show. You will be contributing to the public's backlash to the media that will sweep McCain/Palin into the White House.

I can tell you that Sarah is very popular. I know several women who are voting for McCain as a direct result of Sarah Palin. These are educated, intelligent and independent women, not women who will vote for any woman candidate. Several of them were intending to vote for Obama, but now will vote McCain/Palin."


"This is yet another reason why people should BOYCOTT Oprama. She uses her clout and CULT like following to back Obama.

DO you think if Hillary CLinton was picked as the VP for Obama that Oprama would have had her on the show? Hell ya she would have.

This is just another left wing media magnate using their power and influence to try and sway voters.

Booo Oprama you have lost all respect. "


"Oprah, I am a 41 yr old married business owner from the south, Alabama specifically. I've really grown up with you. I've been watching your show since the very first season, I think I was 19, wow!!! Time flies!! Over the years, watching your show grow and make changes I've always been proud of you and the choices that you've made, especially through your struggles and challenges, I'm reminded that it felt like I was right beside you. It has seemed like you have always been a huge champion for many causes, which I certainly don't need to list, there are too many! Rencently, I have been disappointed in your recent decision to not have Palin on until after the election - it seems that with all of your influence that the only FAIR thing to do IS to interview her. I know that you've never openly supported a candidate, but your are now - and its almost like your "hiding" her from your audience and fans. They count on you to get the real story- the true story - and then they can decide for themselves. That is what you have always done, given information, and trust your public to make informed decisions. Look - Some people will vote for who you support, blindly, that's a given, so why not rise above the campaigns and elegantly introduce Palin to your audience so that they can see that you are fair, even though you are an Obama supporter?

Regards, J. Swank "

Do read some of the rest, Oprah must be a worried woman.

No comments: