StatCounter

Saturday 24 July 2010

"if we let the system take over...the cigar-chomping Commies take over again. The cigar-chomping Commies are not going to take over on my watch."

A quotation from Iain Dale's Total Politics interview with Eric Pickles as reported on Iain Dale's blog. Do read the whole interview it's an interesting interview with an interesting politician. Here's an extract:
'The paintings... I've put my Che Guevara portrait up there.

I've noticed that. What is the point of that?

Che is there to remind me that if we let the system take over before we stop in any way, then the cigar-chomping Commies take over again. The cigar-chomping Commies are not going to take over on my watch.'

2 comments:

Grant said...

That is a fantastic interview. I hadn't realised Eric was so witty. Maybe the BBC will do a similar interview with him.

Craig said...

I love Eric Pickles's dry sense of humour and the way he employs it in his rare interviews with the BBC (often at the biased BBC's expense).