StatCounter

Wednesday 6 October 2010

To Miss With Love aka Miss Snuffy is out and proud

I see that Miss Snuffy has decided to ‘out’ herself. And she chose to do this at the Conservative Party conference where she received a standing ovation. Miss Snuffy was a great blogger and regular readers of this blog will know that several of her postings left me in tears.

Unfortunately Miss Snuffy, aka deputy headteacher Katharine Birbalsingh, has been forced to take down her blog as it would be quite impossible for her to write about students now that her school has been identified. Her writings will be missed.

Good luck Ms Birbalsingh, but would you mind if I still thought of you as Miss Snuffy? I hope that your decision to go public does not cause you any problems and that you achieve whatever you want to achieve.


I have just realised that I never quoted any of 'To Miss With Love' only referred to her posts. So I can do no better than repeat what I wrote about Miss Snuffy's blog in April 2008:
'Every time I visit "To Miss with Love" I come away feeling something. Unfortunately it is usually despair at the way this Country's education system has been so debased and at the disappearance of discipline. Sometimes it makes me feel hopeful as there are some teachers who "get it". The fact that I always feel such a powerful reaction makes me think that "To Miss with Love" is a truly great blog.'

No comments: