StatCounter

Sunday 8 January 2012

'Don't blame it on the sunshine, don't blame it on the moonlight, blame it on the boogie' or 'Twitter killed the blogging star'

I have come to a conclusion and that is that Twitter is too much of a distraction for me. I have only a limited amount for my NotaSheep activities and since I started taking Twitter more seriously, my time for blogging has been seriously reduced. Twitter is easy, I can do it on my smartphone, and can do it in short bursts, whereas blogging takes more concentration, more time and more careful thought.

The problem is that I am very busy at work at present  and that lends itself to me Tweeting as an when I can rather than blogging BUT as soon as this busy period passes, a week or so at most, it's back to blogging for me.

Tweeting should be an adjunct to my bloggin not the other way around.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't you give up both?

Span Ows said...

you're clearly a media hussy that knows he gets more reaction to "in their face" tweets than "lucky if they even read it" blogging.

;-)

Anonymous said...

It seems to me, albeit from a non twittering background, that if people paid more attention to their tweets, they could save themselves considerable embarrassment. In general, the quality of thought and therefore the value of the resulting comment is considerably improved by greater consideration, something which, I suspect, applies equally for twittering.