StatCounter

Tuesday 5 March 2013

Crushing Free Speech in Essex (with images, tweets) · avimayer · Storify

"From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free" would seem to be a rather blatant call for Israel's destruction.

"I've made my position crystal clear. The Students' Union has a position, which reflects my own, that the state of Israel is a state which its very existance is a crime.
...
"I'm proud to not give him the attempt to justify his states oppression. I'm sure the hundreds of students were too. Freedom of expression isn't applicable here."
http://storify.com/avimayer/crushing-free-speech-in-essex

In my day the University of Essex had a noticeable problem with anti Semitism amongst elements of the student & academic body, albeit often disguised as pro Palestinian sentiment. It seems that over the last 30 years it has not improved.

No comments: