StatCounter

Saturday 4 October 2008

Tony Blair backing Peter Mandleson to the hilt during PMQs in 2001



Before we all convinced by the Labour machine and the BBC (not that it is clear where one ends and the other begins) that Mandleson's second resignation was unnecessary because he was cleared of wrongdoing by an inquiry, here is an extract from his resignation statement:
"I do accept, however, that when my office spoke to a Sunday newspaper at the weekend, I should have been clear that it was me personally, not my official, who spoke to the Home Office minister.

As a result of that reply, incorrect information was given to the House by the culture secretary and to the Press by the prime minister's official spokesman.

I accept responsibility for that. I have said to the prime minister that I wish to leave the government and he has accepted that."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Had forgotten this. Proves how good William Hague was. Very good performance.
GC