StatCounter

Sunday 12 April 2009

The Telegraph

I used to read The Times but swapped to the The Telegraph as The Times became more and more pro-Blair and also over its pro-China government stand. Recently I have been growing more and more disenchanted with The Telegraph; hardly a week goes by without a column by a senior Labour Minister or a flattering article about one of the same. I don't want to read about Harriet Harman's softer side or Gordon Brown's latest views on the world depression, I want to read attacks on this most corrupt and evil government. So it was with some interest that I read Guido Fawkes's comments at My Telegraph today:
"There are a lot of bitter, jealous journalists at the Telegraph and you have behaved shamefully over the McBride story. You even tipped off Downing Street in advance as to exactly what I was up to. It reflects on you a lot more than it does on me.

You revealed sources, broke a confidence, breached a signed non-disclosure agreement and behaved like patsy's for McBride.

You still failed to spoil the story. Your political team is about as weak as it gets, that is why you sucked up to Downing Street.

The Telegraph was once run by gentlemen for gentlemen. This would never have happened under Deedes or Charles Moore.

Do your worst."

So what paper do I swap to?

2 comments:

Will said...

I'm surprised you still bother with the Telegraph - I gave it up years ago and wasn't alone in noticing its slide to the left.

The last bastion of conservatism in the MSM has long been lost.

Not a sheep said...

The trouble is that I like to read a newspaper but there is no paper that represents my views; I cannot be alone...