StatCounter

Thursday 4 June 2009

GCSE Maths

Try the BBC's GCSE Maths questions and see what you think. I've done it, 7/7 of course but here are my thoughts on an exam aimed at 16 year-olds:

Q1: Seems about the level of my Prep School entrance exam at age 8 or 9.

Q2: Seems about the level of my Prep School entrance exam at age 8 or 9.

Q3: Seems about the level of my Prep School entrance exam at age 8 or 9.

Q4: Now this was hard as it's along time since I've thought much about geometry.

Q5: That seems a bit easy for an early 1980's Maths O'Level.

Q6: That is just ridiculously easy, almost beyond belief.

Q7: Quite a nice question as it makes the student think, possibly the only question (along with Q4) that I would consider an adequate test of a student's grasp of Maths at age 16.

No comments: