StatCounter

Friday 5 June 2009

How much does John Humphrys earn? We do all pay his salary after all.

I missed John Humphrys interview of Edward Leigh on yesterday morning's Today programme. But The Times reports on the interview and it sounds like it was a doozy:
"“We, the public who pay your salaries, John, should have an idea of what you earn. I mean, you do a very good job but for instance: do you earn more than the Prime Minister, John?” he asked on Today.

“Well, I’d love to be able to tell you that,” Humprys replied.

“Why don’t you?” asked Mr Leigh. “It’s a free country.”

“Well. . . well,” the caustic presenter stuttered. “As far as most presenters are concerned, and I include myself in that, we're not going to break ranks because it's for the BBC to make this decision. We're freelances.""

I believe the expression, "they don't like it up 'em" is apposite here...

No comments: