StatCounter

Sunday 7 June 2009

Peter Mandelson on Andrew Marr's programme

Smirk, spin, exude menace; repeat ad nausea.

I am not sure that I could look Peter Mandelson in the face if he was staring me down when I asked him a straight question and he refused to answer my pertinent question. There really is a sense of threat that I find really unnerving whilst watching his interview this morning.

Does anyone believe Peter Mandelson's description that Gordon Brown exhibits "calmness under fire"

Answer the question Peter Mandelson, did you say those words about Gordon Brown?

"I’m not going to comment on Chinese whispers and old emails" or anything about the reshuffle that does not accord with his views.

If you get the chance watch the question about whether Gordon Brown got the Cabinet he wanted and whether Gordon Brown always wanted Alistair Darling to remain as Chancellor of the Exchequer. And see how Peter Mandelson deals with the question.


Peter Mandelson is possibly the best political interviewee I have ever seen, he stays calm at all times whilst exuding just enough menace to disconcert the interviewer. He keeps to his line of thought and argument come what may and is shameless at not answering the question posed and appearing affronted when challenged on this. He manages to put forward the feeling that he is above tittle-tattle and spin when we all know those were some of the foundations of his career. I was seriously impressed by his performance this morning. I may hate the man and what he stands for but I have nothing but admiration for his interview technique.


Here is Peter Mandelson not answering a question and even Geoff Hoon having to admit it.

No comments: